Jobs at Remuda Golf Course
We are looking for 2021 team members!
If you are looking ahead to next year’s golf season, here are the positions we will have available. Interviews are typically held at the end of February. Many jobs are seasonal and typically start in March or April of each year and end in October or November. Industry average wages paid. Promotions available based on golf industry experience and certifications.
CURRENT OPENINGS FOR 2021
- IRRIGATION TECH
- GROUNDS CREW LABORER
- GREENSKEEPER / ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT
- CLUBHOUSE MANAGER / SHIFT MANAGER
- CART AND RANGE CLEANER / SHIFT MANAGER
IRRIGATION / SPRINKLER TECHNICIAN
Full Time or Part Time. Seasonal or Year round. Industry average wages paid, dependent on prior experience. Promotions available depending on experience, education, and certifications. Job tasks include assisting the course superintendent with repair and maintenance of the golf courses sprinkler systems and pumping equipment; and assisting with general course maintenance as needed, troubleshooting and hands-on repair and replacement of sprinkler heads, pvc pipe, low voltage wiring, valves, and controllers. Completing season-end winterization of pumps and irrigation pipes. Learning and scheduling with the central computer software. (Duties listed above are not a complete list of all responsibilities and skills required or performed by employees in this position.) Must possess no chemical allergies or outdoor allergies that would interfere with daily tasks. Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. Applicants are required to provide proof of an active state issued driver’s license to qualify. Training will be provided.
GROUNDS CREW LABORER
Full Time or Part Time, Seasonal. Industry average wages paid. Promotions available depending on experience, education, and certifications. Responsible to assist with landscaping, mowing, sprinklers, turfgrass maintenance, and other day-to-day operations. Must be comfortable with hand labor, such as using tools, operating mowers and weed trimming equipment, digging up sprinklers, general grass repair, and landscaping projects as needed. Must possess no chemical allergies or outdoor allergies that would interfere with daily tasks. Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. Applicants are required to provide proof of an active state issued driver’s license to qualify. Training will be provided.
Full Time or Part Time, Seasonal or year round. Hourly or salary. Industry average wages paid, dependent on prior experience. Great position for an aspiring superintendent. Work under the direction of the Head Golf Course Superintendent to learn every aspect of grounds maintenance and greens keeping. Responsible for day to day operations, including staff, greens, tees, fairways, rough, clubhouse landscaping, etc. Training will be provided. 3+ years of experience working at a golf course grounds crew. Must have an applicators license or be willing to get one within 60 days of hiring. High School diploma or equivalent required. Active driver’s license required with no DUI’s. No chemical allergies or outdoor allergies that would interfere with daily tasks. Must be self-motivated and willing to supervise others. Priority given to applicants with experience, secondary education, and licensing/certifications.
CLUBHOUSE MANAGER / SHIFT MANAGERFull Time, Seasonal or Year Round. Hourly or salary. Industry average wages paid, dependent on prior golf industry experience and hospitality experience. Duties include assisting guests and staff at the clubhouse; being visible to the guests and interacting with them; providing excellent customer service and resolving guest complaints. Setting up monthly staff schedules; communicating frequently with staff and management. Participating in sales training and inventory management. Overseeing daily operations in the clubhouse similar to an office manager. Applicants are required to provide proof of an active state issued driver’s license to qualify. High school degree required. Must have or be willing to attain a food handling permit and alcohol server certification. Must have good eyesight to read a computer monitor, good hearing to understand someone speaking on a phone in a crowded room, and arm and hand use able to lift at least 50 lbs. Training will provided. Duties stated are not a complete list of all responsibilities and skills required or performed by employees in this position.
CART AND RANGE CLEANER (SHIFT MANAGER)
Full Time or Part Time, Seasonal. Industry average wages paid. Typically minimum wage or greater depending on experience and education. Job tasks include assisting the Superintendent with preparing and detailing golf carts and picking up range balls on the driving range. Assisting the front desk with arranging carts and cleaning up the staging area of trash and other janitorial necessities. Must be self-motivated and able to stay on task. Must arrive promptly and complete all assignment by supervisors. Proof of state issued drivers license is required. Must possess no chemical allergies or outdoor allergies that would interfere with daily tasks. Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. Must be available for evening shifts and weekend shifts. Training will be provided.
- Staff members must be available for a minimum of 20 or more hours per week for most positions.
- Staff members must average at least 20 hours per week to receive golf perks and shop discounts.
- Employee perks include free golf and range benefits for all employees in good standing, discounts on clubhouse food and merchandise, employee lunches, Christmas bonuses, and sales commissions.
- Shift scheduling usually includes some weekends and holidays as the golf course is open 7 days a week during the regular season. Shifts may be early morning to afternoon, and/or afternoon to nightfall. 20-40 hour average work week.
- Applicants Must have hand usage and be able to complete the required tasks.
- Applicants must be self-motivated to work under little or no supervision, if required. Experience in the golf, sales, or hospitality industry preferred but not required.
- Applicants must supply proof of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s license, and a valid U.S. Social Security number.
- New employees will be subject to a 90-day probationary period.
- Background check or drug screening may be required for new hires.
- The majority of seasonal job interviews are conducted and filled in February and March each year. (Although we will consider outstanding applicants at any time during the year.)
- Promotions based on industry average and your amount of industry experience, education, and technical certifications. (See online application.)
- A completed company application is required before an interview may be conducted.
- Apply through our online application button below, or cut and paste the direct URL link in your browser: https://goo.gl/forms/L8pGy4dARuFyOJ7b2